Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 27, 2014

When I'm filthy rich Monday will be a permanent weekend day

   I'll need to think of a new name for monday too. Something that doesn't have the negative connotation. Otium in Latin means rest, ease and tranquility so Otiumday? The latin makes it seem way more legit. You might be wondering 'Why is Ella going off on a tangent about mondays??' Well my beloved new followers, I'll have you know that I had such a rough start to the day that it was even a bit comical. It started off at 1:30am when I woke up with low blood sugar (type 1 diabetic weeoo) so I had to eat an orange (fuck). I go back to sleep and wake up at 7, TWO HOURS before my alarm for christ's sake.  As I was getting ready I dropped my jewelry box on my bathroom floor and picked everything up, but apparently I missed an earring because about 15 minutes later I managed to impale my foot on one. And of course I couldn't find the polysporin.
    Besides that. I HAVE 4 FOLLOWERS!!! Love to each and every single on of you :,) This'll be a bit of a long post because I'm putting my stirfry recipe in too. I think I had a respectable calorie total today so lets take a look...

Breakfast:
Yogurt   80
Banana   90

Snack:
Apple   60

Lunch:
1/2c Quinoa   100
Chicken thigh   120
veg   25
Hummus   100

Snack:
Coffee w/ cream :O   100
Casserole   150

Dinner:
Stirfry 100
Chicken thigh   120
1/2c quinoa   100

Snack:
Apple   80
yogurt   80

Total:   1,305 weeee!!!

What a glorious number! I can't say how important having 3 meals and a couple snacks is in preventing binges and a slow metabolism. My veggie stirfry is super helpful because at night I tend to binge, but its a decent volume of food so I'm much safer after having it for dinner :) As promised, here is my wonderful recipeeee! I've never measured exactly what I put in to it. But I'll give you a good idea of the magic that goes down in that plate.

water
1/2 small onion
1tbsp minced ginger
2 cloves sliced garlic

1 stick celery
1 carrot

1c broccoli
1/2c cauliflower
1 small zucchini


1/4 red pepper
4 white mushrooms
4 bokchoi
1/2c cooked quinoa and 80g cooked chicken optional if it's for a meal
Soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, pepper optional and yummy!

   So start by heating up your pan/wok to medium high and add about 1/2c water. Throw in onion, ginger and garlic until they go a little bit soft and clear. Stir often and add more water before everything starts sticking to the bottom of the pan. Carrots and celery are next. Let those cook for a couple minutes and then broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini. You want everything to be slightly soft before you add in the next round but it loses its texture if it cooks too long. Last in goes the pepper, mushroom and bokchoi! I like having chicken and quinoa in mine but its just because I like to get my food groups in there :) And soy sauce with sesame oil is very tasty and low cal! You only need a teensy bit of the oil so no big deal.

Enjoy!!

Body, mind and soul
Ella <3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I feel mean but i had the laugh at the jewelery box part, it is exactly something that would happen to me >.<

    All your food is so healthy, it's really awesome xD I currently try to eat 1300 calories a day too, I struggle a bit but I really should, especially when exercising. Oh and we are of the same height (I think, I use metric) and have the same goal weight, I thought that was cool :)

    and I like otiumday, I love Latin ^.^

    ReplyDelete