Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 1, 2014

I couldn't wait, so here I am!

If you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit of a health freak :)
Low calorie, veggies, and food groups are my guidelines to cooking meals. Today it's pretty cold where I live so I decided to make chicken soup! And oh sweet baby jesus it was amazeballs!! I took a picture and everything for you :) I'd really suggest making this as it tastes freaking amazinggg.

Recipe:
2c   water   0
1tbsp   Better than Bouillon chicken stock    30
1/4c   quinoa   170
1/2 little onion   0
1   celery stalk   0
3   baby carrots   4
1/2   little zucchini   4
1/2c cooked white chicken breast   100
1tbsp   light philadelphia cream cheese   30
pepper   0
Total Calories:   338     Per serving:   169
Makes two servings of soup!

It pretty simple to cook. Boil water and chicken stock with quinoa. Turn down to medium when its been boiling for a minute. Throw in onion, celery and carrots. When they get a bit soft turn it down to low and put in the zucchini, chicken, cream cheese and pepper. Let it cook until the quinoa is completely done or even longer because it tastes the best when it's been on for a while. I waited about 20 minutes. Enjoy!!


3 comments:

  1. health freaks are the hottest i'd have to say.
    this. sounds. amazing. i'm not even kidding. this is coming from me. ugh. come to my house and make this for me i'm lazy.
    i just....
    please make this for me.
    this sounds delicious. but omg. i won't make this (considerieng i ruin everything) but you've somehow given me this HUGE HUGE craving for quinoa in my soup now. fuck.
    you're insane but i love you.

    -Sam Lupin
    PS. yes i've eaten quinoa! hard to believe considering i literally ate 2kg of chocolate in 4 days! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that looks delicious. I love soup, of any kind. I make mine similarly, but with parsnip instead of zucchini, and little wheat noodles instead of quinoa. Soup's always best the day after cooking if you ask me. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I don't mind Ensure that much, really. When I was on 1,300 cal I drank ~600 cal a day of Ensure. When I *have* to eat that many calories, it's easier and less stressful to drink more Ensure. I don't feel quite so guilty because I'm not really *eating* those calories. And I actually don't mind the taste either, every other supplement I've tried makes my stomach turn.
      I can't take things like vitamins. I used to, but I always struggled with the whole 'doing something good for my body' thing :-/
      Aww yes, I wish you could bring me some soup! Not creepy at all, it's lovely :) I might have to make some chicken soup soon, I'm craving it after reading this recipe again.
      xxxx

      Delete